(keitai-l) Re: keitai monitoring

From: Gerhard Fasol <fasol_at_eurotechnology.com>
Date: 06/07/05
you can download almost exactly such an i-appli from
DoCoMo for DoCoMo phones. However that downloads the
billing information at 4 hour intervals (or other intervals)
from DoCoMo's billing servers.

Gerhard

Aaron Stephanic wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Would it be possible to write a keitai applet to monitor phone usage,
> for use in a voluntary statistics gathering program?  It's not necessary
> that the information be very personal (addresses, etc.); it would be
> sufficient to monitor, for example, the number of mails sent, etc.
> However, phone applets seem rather limited in what information they can
> access.  Is it possible to do it with an applet?  If not, is there any
> other way of doing it?  Does it depend on the carrier?  There is also
> the potential problem of an applet not being able to monitor phone usage
> because it can't be running at the same time as other phone functions.
> I'm not sure about this aspect.  Thanks for your help.
>
> Regards,
>
> Aaron
Gerhard Fasol, PhD                         Eurotechnology Japan K. K.
http://fasol.com/blog/                 http://www.eurotechnology.com/