(keitai-l) pda with skype over wifi when compared to smartphone

From: nick may <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 06/16/05
Would anyone in JP care to comment on the current usability of Skype
over wifi, or Skype over any of the cheap fixed fee PHS/3G data plans?
Is the latency too bad? Is it usable from a PDA? Can anyone recommend a
PDA setup for comms?

I am tired of the brutish "smartphone" 702NK - it is such a pain to use
next to my 504i - so am considering plan B - carry data in a pda and
just use the phone for phone stuff -  a 1st gen premini possibly.

But I do want some sort of voice comms out of the pda - and skype is
the obvious thing to go for...

Nick