(keitai-l) sending japanese characters from IAppli to servlet

From: Gokul Kannan Jeyapaul <jgk_4u_at_rediffmail.com>
Date: 06/21/05
Hello Friends,
  Im pretty new to IAppli,I need to send japanese characters from
the screen to a Java servlet,
  Im appending the japanese characters as parameters with the URL
but im not able to retrive the japanese characters alone in the
servlet,Its getting into Junk values or question marks(???????)
when i read it from my servlet.

  Some of the solution i tried are
* I tried URLEncoder.encode to encode the japanese words while
appending to the URL and used URLDecoder.decode in my servlet.

* I tried using new
String(japanesechars.getBytes("SJIS"),"SJIS"),
and used same new
String(request.getParameter("paramname").getBytes("SJIS"),"SJIS").

  The above to methods failed..And im using a doPost in my
servlet.Please friends do let me know u r views and ideas on it,I
suppose this groups has some expert programmers in I-Appli.
  Thanks in advance.

Regds,
Gokul