(keitai-l) Re: T-mobile to abandon mobile portal?

From: alfie <alfied_at_gmail.com>
Date: 07/06/05
This shouldn't be any kind of flaming war, I think everyone has raised
some valid points, but there are some positives in this. Consider:

        How it Works

In developing Tribes we looked at what end-users want - compelling
content, communication with other users and to feel in control. Our
patented Tribes system achieves all these - and generates operator
revenues. Tribes is built around key innovations: Content Snacking,
Smart Navigation and unique Content Preferencing.

        Content Snacking

At Alatto we understand that mobile content use should be an essential
lifestyle component but poor user experience is blocking this. We have
redefined the mobile content experience around content snacking.

Alatto are selling direct to the operator and slightly misguidedly
believe that words like disruptive and phrases like content snacking are
enough to impart the message of  "we are a modern mobile company". But,
perhaps they're right and thats all they need to get an operators
attention, perhaps at least enough for semi interest at the sales point.

I think what list members are pointing out here is that Alatto have not
given any functional nor useability examples to accurately demonstrate
what the product does, which is helpful whether your a senior decision
maker at an operator or a mobile user.

ps - I seem to have cut and pasted from their site, so dont know whats
going on with your browser there Ian.

It also seems fairly ironic that someone from amplefutures would want to
comment on a thread where Alatto are being criticised for their staff
shortfalls and failings when amplefuture have recently decimated their
B2B staff to their clients detriment in order to concentrate on B2C

Alfie Dennen
moblogUK
The Department of Really Moving Things Along
www.moblog.co.uk