(keitai-l) Re: The Changing Fact of DoJa

From: Ken Chang <carigate_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 07/21/05
I'm still sorting it out but I'd agree more with BREW than before.
for example, DoJa developers don't have to care about the cost of
the handsets.  FOMA handsets are equipped with a dedicate application
CPU like SH-Mobile, while many au/KDDI handsets run applications on
the same baseband processor.  au/KDDI is also moving native handset
software to the BREW platform.  these make the phones cheaper and
easy to develop.

it's not easy to lure high end users from DoCoMo (not as Vodafone
thought;).  I think BREW might be the right decision for au/KDDI.

as for the Sun-DoCoMo Star project, it's a good thing DoCoMo joins
the rest of the world.  they've been learning things incrementally.
they need a leap now.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs