(keitai-l) Re: The Changing Fact of DoJa

From: Joe Bowbeer <joe.bowbeer_at_gmail.com>
Date: 07/21/05
More standardization around a portable "platform" has been the larger
trend in J2ME over the past 3 years.  Even so, per-handset builds (or
at least per-OEM) is still a common practice for commercial mobile
games and apps.

In the broader context, where hundreds of millions of handsets have
J2ME CLDC built-in, and most of them have MIDP as well, news of Sun
and Docomo collaborating on a platform suggests more standardization
there as well -- not less.  (That is, it sounds like Docomo is joining
the fold.)