(keitai-l) Re: DoCoMo FOMA WLAN

From: Arnold P. Siboro <asiboro_at_maltech.jp>
Date: 07/29/05
I believe I saw some commercial SIP phones for Symbian out there, but
what really great would be a Symbian Skype client, so I can SkypeOut to
any PSTN numbers using my cell..

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 02:01:26 +0900
Gareth Edwards <aragoto@dottocomu.com> wrote:

> The M1000 will work with any hotspot, though the setup is needlessly
> difficult (you first must search for open access points, then create a
> new network settings file with the SSID of the AP you want to use). It
> also has poor WiFi reception compared to things like my Clie UX50,
> incidentally. There is a setup manager app distributed by DoCoMo which
> may make connecting easier--I have not had a chance to test yet--but I
> suspect it's intended to simplify connecting to DoCoMo hotspots rather
> than helping you to get onto whatever open node is nearest.
>
> I'm not aware of any VoIP software that runs on Symbian, though I'd be
> glad to be wrong on that.
>
> Gareth

Arnold P. Siboro (asiboro@maltech.jp)

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."
                    -  Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943