(keitai-l) Re: DoCoMo FOMA WLAN

From: Gareth Edwards <aragoto_at_dottocomu.com>
Date: 07/28/05
The M1000 will work with any hotspot, though the setup is needlessly
difficult (you first must search for open access points, then create a
new network settings file with the SSID of the AP you want to use). It
also has poor WiFi reception compared to things like my Clie UX50,
incidentally. There is a setup manager app distributed by DoCoMo which
may make connecting easier--I have not had a chance to test yet--but I
suspect it's intended to simplify connecting to DoCoMo hotspots rather
than helping you to get onto whatever open node is nearest.

I'm not aware of any VoIP software that runs on Symbian, though I'd be
glad to be wrong on that.

Gareth