(keitai-l) Re: questions abt Japanese phonecams, focal distance

From: Kris Honeycutt <kris.honeycutt_at_solid-thinking.com>
Date: 08/31/05
I have worked with QR codes a great deal for both onscreen and print
display. The size you use them at really depends on the method of delivery.
Many companies tend to display them much to large on their web sites, making
them useless to cameras that do not have a macro switch. I learned this
first hand as one of my previous foma handsets did not. What this meant is
that by the time I had the camera far enough away from the screen to get the
entire code in, it would be out of focus. You can print them very small and
still have positive recognition, however you must be careful on how you go
about scaling them. Any anti-aliasing due to improper resizing can make them
useless.
regards,
Kris