(keitai-l) Re: vodafone cuts throat for 315yen?

From: Nick May <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 10/17/05
If IPDrum can bridge Skype - which comes into the computer as
packets, then a generic variant could presumably also bridge packets,
"modem-ize" them, send them over the network as voice to another
keitai, where more software 'de-mods' them and bridge packets to a
laptop (or to an on-phone browser, if one can hook into it.). It may
be that the code doing the heavy lifting sits on the computers the
keitai's are attached to, rather than the keitai's themselves.
But it is all "just" software - and IPDrum shows that the basic hooks
one would need do exist.

So - think mod/demod software at BOTH ends, not just one end, as with
the IPDrum approach.

Speed/latency etc would be an issue, naturally.

But imagine you needed simple remote monitoring of a site. Two one
yen keitai's, a bit of software - and bang - a link from one end of
the country to the other.

Nick