(keitai-l) new entrants to the JP keitai market?

From: Nick May <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 11/09/05
Don't know how much truth there is in this....
<snip>

The government is set to allow Softbank Corp, eAccess Ltd and IP
Mobile Inc to launch cell phone businesses possibly in 2006 and to
become the first new entrants into the business in 12 years, sources
close to the matter said Tuesday.

</snip>

http://japantoday.com/e/?content=news&cat=4&id=354660

I think the more players there are in the market the more likely we
are to get decent high-end handsets - and the more fragmented the
market becomes the more it will have to follow "standards". Which
brings things like AJAX and so on that little bit closer.

Nick

(totally unrelated, offtopic link to brighten your day...)

http://japantoday.com/e/?content=news&cat=1&id=354774