(keitai-l) #keitai IRC channel on irc.freenode.net

From: Michael Smith <smith_at_xml-doc.org>
Date: 12/02/05
A lot of people don't like IRC. I do. So I set up a #keitai
channel on irc.freenode.net. If you are not IRC-averse, please
consider /join'ing sometimes when you're online.

If you use Firefox, there's a "Chatzilla" plugin you can install
that provides an IRC client that runs in your browser (sorta). And
you can access the channel using the following handy URL.

  irc://irc.freenode.net/keitai

By way of introduction (as I am new to the list): I live in Tokyo
and work for Openwave Systems Japan. As far as my personal keitai
use, I was a long-time Jphone/Voda user, most recently with a
V801SH handset. But a couple months ago, I switched to AU and a
W31T handset, which has become my new best friend -- very thin and
lightweight, has both Openwave browser and Opera browser (a.k.a
"PC Site Viewer"), Bluetooth, Japanese<->English dictionary (on
mini-SD), and massively useful powered-by-Navitime GPS-enabled
"Navi Walker" appli.

Right now, I have a particular interest both personally and
professionally in design of web apps for next-generation
(Ajax-enabled, etc.) mobile browsers, so looking forward to
potential discussions here (and on #keitai, if anybody cares to
show up) about such.

Cheers,

  --Mike

--