(keitai-l) Re: ToruCa - Better than QR Codes & Color Codes?

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 02/02/06
On Thu, 2 Feb 2006, Kris Honeycutt wrote:

> I would not say ToruCa is better than QR Codes and Color Codes. It is quite
> a different concept and purpose than either of the two,
> so it is really like comparing apples and oranges. Unless of course DoCoMo
> manages to jam a
> dedicated reader/writer into paper so it can be used on business cards,
> posters, magazine ads, packaging, etc..

Actually, it ought to be possible to encode a Toruca into a QR-code and
read it that way. I'd imagine that, if they're transferring the things
via infra-red, they're small enough that they would fit into a QR-code too.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974

***   Contribute to the Keitai Developers' Wiki!   ***
***           http://www.keitai-dev.net/           ***