(keitai-l) Re: IApplication Auto Upgradation.

From: Michael Sydenham <michael_at_bxb.com.au>
Date: 02/28/06
Hi Rajat

As you probably know, users normally have to initiate the upgrade via the
'version up' menu selection. When offering your app for download, have users
register their keitai email address so you can send out a mail notifying
them of an upgrade, or have the application popup a notice upon startup
after server-side checking for an update. The mail approach is better since
that notification is independent of the Java app (no need to run it to be
aware of the update), and users are more likely to act upon a mail.

Regards

Michael.