(keitai-l) Re: QR codes

From: David Harper <dharper_at_wirelessink.com>
Date: 04/22/06
At the risk of self promotion (but with helpful intentions)...

A few of the Keitai-l list members provided me with information on QR
Codes in the past that led to this recent post:

Mainstream America is Ready for Bar Codes - Converging “Realspace” and
“Mobilespace”
http://harper.wirelessink.com/?p=83

The research convinced us at WINKsite to provide support for 3 formats
of bar codes - QR Code, Semacode, and mCode.

As such, WINKsite now generates a set of unique bar codes for each of
our publishers that link directly to their mobile sites and communities.

With the ability to create a universally accessible mobile site that’s
connected to physically distributed bar codes, we see our publishers
creating a wide range of useful applications (listed in the above
mentioned post.)

...any one up to developing a universal bar code reader?

Dave Harper
Founder, WINKsite.com