(keitai-l) Re: Nokia N71 / Vodafone 804NK

From: Nick May <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 07/20/06
It's "alright" - but still only has 10meg onboard memory.
I know this can be expanded by SD cards, but the onboard ram is what
seems to control the size of files one can bluetooth.

No wifi - but marginally better camera, a radio - and that's about
it. Is the bluetooth just 1.2? Very slow...  Can it do stereo
bluetooth? Doesn't appear so, at first glance....

Reviews I have read suggest the clamshell implementation is heavy and
clunky.

The great joy of the 702NK (which it replaces to some extent -
'though I thought the 702NKII was a step back...) is that lots of
things can be made to run on it. This does not offer all that much
that a 702NK cannot be made to do. In fact, if it is locked down
harder than the 702NK, it may actually lose functionality. Things
like forcing the phone to use bluetooth to connect over an ADSL line
may not work, for example.

That said of course, out of the box it has more functionality than a
702Nk - so it is a little more consumer friendly.

But there is nothing much here to make a 702NK user "upgrade".

Incidentally - RSMMC cards are available off the net up to 2gig.
Anyone tried one?  7sen for a 2gig card is a lot cheaper than a 2gig
nano....

Nick