(keitai-l) Re: Lengthy review of the WS003SH

From: Andrew Shuttleworth <andrew_at_andrewshuttleworth.com>
Date: 07/24/06
Steven Nagata wrote:

> First of all, got to play with the [es].  It's still pretty
> big, but the
> new 400mhz processor reapply speeds things up.

Form factor wise I think I'll stick with the W-ZERO3. The bigger keyboard and screen are both needed. Would like to give the es a
spin though.

> Now from my conversation I gleaned,
> 1.  Willcom is preparing a push mail solution that *should*
> be announced
> this week.  It will work with exchange servers and is a ping and sync
> solution.  Basically a short mail is sent to your device when
> a mail is
> received by the server.  This will trigger a wireless sync.

I guess companies should be able to do a lot of this themselves now if they have Exchange Server 2003
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/business/5/default.mspx

> Can't vouch for these claims, but if they are true, then the [es] is a
> significant upgrade.

I believe the same should be possible using a WS004SH, but like you say I don't think there are any updates planned for the WS003SH
(the second and first versions of the W-ZERO3).

Andrew