(keitai-l) 5000 yen discount from KDDI and various gripes

From: Stuart Woodward <stuartcw_at_gmail.com>
Date: 09/05/06
I haven't upgraded my KDDI hone for a couple of years as the only
feature that I am interested in is using the phone as a player for
downloaded MP3 podcasts which is not possible with Au phones.
Technically, I guess, if I went through the step of converting them to
another format or burning them to a CD I could do it. I just want to
download, copyt to the phone and go out. But I digress..

Yesterday, I got in the mail a promotion from KDDI offering 5000 yen
off a new phone.

Is this because I didn't upgrade for a long time? Or is it because of
the general round of promotions that they are doing now in preparation
for number portability?

And while I am griping, it annoys me that the only phone to offer
Bluetooth is the Toshiba...

Stuart

--
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."   - Benjamin Franklin