(keitai-l) Re: Mobile website development in Japan

From: Curt Sampson <cjs_at_cynic.net>
Date: 02/08/08
On 2008-02-08 11:53 +0900 (Fri), Kapil Sharma wrote:

> I just want to know that, Do i need to develop the websites differently for
> different phones.

No. You can use a pseudo-XML that will work very well across almost all
phones (except TuKa).

> How can i check if it will work perfectly.

Test on hundreds of phones. :-) There are companies out there that will
let you sit in a room and rent you a pile of phones so you can do this.

More practically, test on a few handsets, and don't worry too much
about it. You might also consider hiring someone with mobile website
development experience in Japan to help you out. (Conflict-of-intererest
warning: my company does this.)

Also, note that you almost certainly don't want to be trying to convert
pages from your PC site; PC browsers and mobile handsets are quite
different, and generally need different UIs.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson       <cjs@starling-software.com>        +81 90 7737 2974