(keitai-l) Details in user-agent strings

From: Andrea Trasatti <atrasatti_at_gmail.com>
Date: 07/15/08
Hello,
we are working on a set of rules to gather information from user-agent
strings of Japanese devices. I'm sure there's something around and
that this is common technology in Japan, nevertheless we want to give
it a shot.

I was reading some docs on the DoCoMo site:
http://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/english/service/imode/make/content/html/useragent/index.html#p05

In the "Full Browser" section it describes the user-agent and says
there's a parameter that will tell the "maximum size of data
displayable on browser in bytes", but then the example gives "W24H12"
that looks more like the screen width and height.

Is the example just wrong?

Also, looking at a number of user-agent strings it seems like the
vendor name is sometimes not present as it used to be, for example,
the Sony Ericsson K610 uses "portalmmm/2.0 K610im(c100;TB)".

Help and pointing to more complete documentation (in English) would be welcome.

Thank you,
Andrea