(keitai-l) Re: i-Mode docs?

From: Renfield Kuroda <Renfield.Kuroda_at_msdw.com>
Date: 04/13/00
JBAERNYC@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 4/13/00 12:17:49 AM !!!First Boot!!!, dmg@autotelic.com
> writes:
>
> << I'm working on it. I'm really busy with starting my own company at the
>  moment, so all it's got is a list of icon characters you can use a and a bit
>  of information about GIF images. It's not complete yet, but you may want to
>  check in on it now and again, because I intend to get cracking on it from
>  Monday onwards after I've finshed some legal work.
>  http://www.autotelic.com/i-mode/index.html >>
>
> Thanks for the info, as for development though, are there any
> emulator/simulators that run on i-Mode code like what comes with UP.SDK from
> Phone.com?  Have people been testing via phone only?  Is there a development
> program somewhere from one of the companies making i-Mode phones?

There is an app called hotall (i hotaru) that is an html editor with built
in emulation for imode. It shows an image of a phone with the content on
the screen. The display area is also resizable.

http://www.db-soft.co.jp

> Id also
> like to get a better understanding on how i-Mode works, are there any FAQs or
> a "history" of i-Mode anywhere?

Best thing is probably to get the sales pitch from DoCoMo.

r e n

--
ascii: r e n f i e l d
octal: \162 \145 \156 \146 \151 \145 \154 \144