(keitai-l) Re: questions about mobile commerce in japan

From: Andrea Hoffmann <ah_at_anima.de>
Date: 05/05/00
Hi a.goh, hi all,

> Didn't see the topic in the list archive, but here's the link to the survey
> ICR (anNTT affiliate) released on April 11. The survey covers i-mode users
> only (6,960 of them), but should answer some of your questions.

wow, thanks for the useful and fast info!

BTW: what are the main mobile phones (platforms) the people here
on this list are using? And for what do you use your phone the
most? Does it has email and internet functionality?

What internet service do you use the most on your phone or what
would you like to use/do on your phone? Has anyone here ever
bought something over his/her mobile phone (and what, if yes)?

How important is localized info on the phone for you (e.g. only
restaurant info about Shibuya if you are there).

Has anyone here subscribed/registered to services which send him/
her regular messages (e.g. via e-mail) to the mobile phone?

And last but not least: would you like to get information pushed
to your phone (like pointcast's push channel on the computer
browser) on different channels where you just have to watch the
screen and see messages floating by?

To answer this questions for myself: I have an i-mode, a cdmaone
and a j-skyweb phone from my company (and a private PHS). I prefer
i-mode and cdmaone the most (biggest screens and most information
services). All phones have email functionality but the PHS has no
internet access built in.

On cdmaone I use the mail functionality the most while on i-mode
I use the i-mode sites the most (andf I also use mail on both).

most interesting services so far on both phones for me:
weather, restaurant info, cd hitlists, news, cinema schedules,
screensaver and images downloads.

I never bought anything over my phone so far but I would probably
have no problem buying tickets, books, cds etc.

Curious to hear other people's opinions/experiences...

TTL,
Andrea Hoffmann
--
Andrea Hoffmann --  Webmaster  --  andrea@girigiri.co.jp