(keitai-l) unique id?

From: Simon Jansson <simon_at_nordauto.com>
Date: 06/22/00
Dear list!

I'm a little bit confused over how i-mode phones will identify themselfes
when visiting a chtml page (made with ASP) on my server, maybe you could
help me?

I will develop autogenerated chtml pages with ASP. If I in the ASP-script
ask for example remote_addr I'm then getting i-mode's gateway IP-adress or
i-mode's server adress or will I get the unique ip-adress on the i-mode's
server for just that phone? When I tested with Benefon Q emulator I got the
ip-adress that my ISP auto assign to me when dial-up, but how will it work
in the real world? I'm from Sweden so it's a "little bit difficult" for me
to test with a real i-mode phone :-)

The phone it-self doesn't have an own ip (correct me if I'm wrong) but it
has to have som kind of unique id on the i-mode server, is it possible to
get that id?

Anyone who have any tips on how to make it possible if it's not possible to
get this id? Maybe attach an unique number in the URL?

Regards
Simon