(keitai-l) Re: I-mode Java downloads <10k?!

From: Andrea Hoffmann <ah_at_anima.de>
Date: 10/06/00
Hi,

> I heard rumors that the maximum downloadable midlet on the DoCoMo phones
> will be little over 10k.

see this quote from AsiaBizTech:

" For the time being, NTT DoCoMo says it will limit the size of
downloadable Java applets to a little more than 10KB. It has
come to this decision by taking into account a variety of factors,
including the restricted memory capacity of phone handsets,
transmission costs and the time taken to complete downloads.
It should be added, though, that with the advent of IMT-2000,
the so-called third-generation services, these limitations will
be greatly reduced."

Source: Java to Open Up Possibilities for Mobile Phone Content

Cheers,
Andrea Hoffmann
--
Andrea Hoffmann -- Editor-in-Chief --  hoffmann@westcyber.com