(keitai-l) Re: WAP vs. Java

From: Mika Tuupola <tuupola_at_appelsiini.net>
Date: 10/24/00
On Tue, 24 Oct 2000, jeffrey funk wrote:

> What do people think? Can Java be compared to WAP?
> Gartner Researcher Says Java Will Displace WAP
> Wireless Application Protocol technology will be replaced by Java
> technology

	I don't see how a programming language and a set of protocols
	can be compared. I still keep getting surprised how clueless
	statements make their way to the news when it comes to
	technical aspects.

	However, quick reading reveals there were some good points
	too:

	"...service providers should above else concentrate on the
	quality of the user experience..."

	Good user experienece is the exact thing what seems to be
	missing most of the mobile services atleast in our
	country.

--
Mika Tuupola                      http://www.appelsiini.net/~tuupola/