(keitai-l) Re: WAP vs. Java

From: dc <dc_at_gamelet.com>
Date: 10/24/00
]  	I don't see how a programming language and a set of protocols
]  	can be compared. I still keep getting surprised how clueless
]  	statements make their way to the news when it comes to
]  	technical aspects.

Of course the statement is comparing items that are technically
incompatible. But from a user's POV they could seem the same. If my phone
has a java "browser" why does it need a WAP UP.Browser? WAP is seen for the
results it delivers, not the protocol layer.

An XML renderer java component will allow mass publishing of content (other
than game or interactive custom developed binary formats).

It always seemed strange on the desktop that the java grey box lived inside
the browser, as opposed to a java app calling a rendering component to have
a text panel within the interactive application. Then we could have built
far richer applications.

dc
david [dc] collier              ceo | Gamelet.com
                                e   | dc@gamelet.com
                                v   | 415.552.4968
Entertainment Marketing Technology  | http://www.gamelet.com