(keitai-l) Re: Java on i-mode

From: Jonathan Shore <jshore_at_e-shuppan.com>
Date: 10/26/00
> From: keitai-l-bounce@appelsiini.net
>
> Hi Masi,
>
> Masi Yamada wrote:
> > release) on the handsets will limit download sizes to 10KB.
> They would not
> > confirm whether or not that was a per day or per download
> restriction but
> > hinted that it would be the later.

Bet there are clever ways to get around this. If it is 10K per download then
you could download a loader in the first pass and cause the program to load
itself piecemeal in successive GETs.  Pretty straight-forward to do.

> but if an application needs a client, why should the user download
> the client more than one time (except for updates)?

I suppose this depends on how much cache (if any) would be available on the
phones?  Would hope to see a good amount of cache available otherwise the
java app route is going to be a painful user experience.

Jonathan