(keitai-l) Re: Java on i-mode

From: dc <dc_at_gamelet.com>
Date: 10/26/00
This URL has much info about the i-Book, LG Tel's first java phone.
	http://java.ez-i.co.kr/wire/ezjava_index.html
This talks a lot about kittyhawk, mostly deprecated by MIDP.

The DoJa restriction of 10k per download may be for apps that can be saved
to the phones internal memory, as "slots" that can be accessed at any time.
One of the preso's here says:
KVM code size : 230 KBytes
KVM heap space : 108 KBytes
Java Application Storage : 64 KBytes  x 10

We've done a lot with 10k; JAX and other obfuscators/compressors work fine
with J2ME code. Contact me off list if you'd like to share tweaks with our
engineers.

/dc
david [dc] collier              ceo | Gamelet.com
                                e   | dc@gamelet.com
                                v   | 415-581-0990
Entertainment Marketing Technology  | http://www.gamelet.com