(keitai-l) New sony Clie?

From: Jamie Hayes <jamie_at_intanet.com>
Date: 10/27/00
Hi All,

UK online magazine theregister.com picked up this link :

http://www01.u-page.so-net.ne.jp/ya2/unzan/atrie/i-marron.html

Sorry to break in on a thread, but can anyone say for sure if it's some kind of Sony?

Take care,

# begin forwarded article

Source: The Register

iMac-style Sony PDA debuts on Web

We don't read Japanese, so we're not entirely sure what Sony's clear Clié
actually is - a next-generation system, a low-end version or merely an
internal concept design?

Whatever it is, there it is, for all to see on a Japanese Web site, which
has posted a series of pictures of the critter.

Any of the above suggestions are possible, though we suspect it's a low-end
model, designed to take on the likes of Handspring's Visor and Palm's m100.
With its translucent turquoise and white two-tone casing - bit early iMac,
that - it certainly lacks the serious, corporate feel of the shipping Cliés
It also has a youth-friendly flip-cover.

That said, it could equally be a design Sony tried and rejected, or simply
someone's attempt to give their standard Clié a rather more trendy look and
feel. Any ideas, folks?

--

// jamie@oceansmoke.com
// +44 (0)7779 798 245