(keitai-l) Register article: Why Java on DoCoMo could be very SlowCoMo

From: dc <dc_at_gamelet.com>
Date: 10/31/00
DoJa:

But DoCoMo has gone to particular trouble to make sure that the user
expectations are kept under control. The Java applets will be limited to 10k
in size, with 5k of memory available as scratch. KJava runs on one thread in
this environment, and doesn't map natively to the embedded OS' threading
model.

When we heard this the first time round we were sceptical, but a second
source confirms this, adding that this isn't because of any particular
limitations in KJava - which has been designed with scaling in mind- but
rather for technical reasons. DoCoMo doesn't want millions of its users
trading large applets.
david [dc] collier              ceo | Gamelet.com
                                e   | dc@gamelet.com
                                v   | 415-581-0990
Entertainment Marketing Technology  | http://www.gamelet.com