(keitai-l) Re: Business Model

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_anima.de>
Date: 10/31/00
I really don't have the time for this right now, but...

Tuesday, October 31, 2000 Sourav wrote:
SK> This seems to be the general problem in the Mobile Market. There
SK> seems to be NO solid business model yet ! Japan is no exception.
SK> Japan has a revenue base of 400 Million US$ in the mobile
SK> commerce but still that is from Tune downloads and games and
SK> gambling - where is the mature business model anyway ? Where
SK> is the effective use?
Where do you see a problem? People use Mobile Phones
to place calls...this is a really big revenue stream. AND they use it
for IMode and the other services. Don't separate these 2 streams all the
time. We talk about phones here and there is a reason why a phone
company like NTT is such a big beast.

They even make money by selling this big, blue talking mouse which can
read your emails for you and other merchandising things.

SK> How many people actually use Mobile for reading news and
SK> find restaurants vs. how many people use Mobile for fun emails
SK> and fun music downloads ? Does anybody have any statistics ?
More mistakes...how do you want to separate the using of 'finding a
restaurant' (for a company dinner) = Serious and 'finding a
restaurant' (for a spontanous party) = Entertainment and how do you want
to separate the using of 'reading News about the death sailors at the
Kursk' = Serious and 'reading News about the singer and model Ayuma' =
Entertainment?

It's (sorry to say this) stupid to separate this in 'serious' and
'entertainment'.

SK> Seems weird for a newbie like me :-))

Actually this discussion seems weird to me :))

<offtopic>
I once found the best description of humour ever.

Imagine a clown is falling into a piece of cake and look at you...
This is funny.

Imagine a clown is looking at you and he says "I have cancer"...
This is not funny.
</offtopic>

Juergen