(keitai-l) Re: Business Model

From: Sourav Kundu <souravk_at_mastek.co.jp>
Date: 10/31/00
This seems to be the general problem in the Mobile Market. There
seems to be NO solid business model yet ! Japan is no exception.
Japan has a revenue base of 400 Million US$ in the mobile
commerce but still that is from Tune downloads and games and
gambling - where is the mature business model anyway ? Where
is the effective use ?

How many people actually use Mobile for reading news and
find restaurants vs. how many people use Mobile for fun emails
and fun music downloads ? Does anybody have any statistics ?

Is WAP forum addressing the Business Models too or is it just
trying to update on Technology front ? Has NTT Docomo (i-mode) any solid
Business Model in mind or it is just happy with 13.5 million subscribers
and the money that it is making from the fun related transactions ?

Seems weird for a newbie like me :-))

regards

--sourav