(keitai-l) Re: Mobile System GameBoy

From: jeffrey funk <funk_at_rose.rokkodai.kobe-u.ac.jp>
Date: 11/01/00
applications for I-mode. Here is a table (from a report that I report) that
summarizes I-mode based Intranets currently under development by firms. Most
of this information is from articles in the nikkei shinbun, nikkei
communications, and a few interviews. the used car application is probably
better defined as a B2B web.

Table 11. Example of Mobile Intranets Currently Under Development
Industry	Application
In-Home Medical Care	Creating reports
Construction	Work Scheduling
Universities	Bulletin Boards for Students
Beer Distribution	Inventory Management
Package Delivery Services	Fleet Management
Freight Transportation	Fleet Management
Vending Machines	Inventory Management
Used Cars	Car Auctions

There are also many contents that are practically oriented albeit their
traffic is low. For example, PIM's site provides personal information
management and apparently is successful as Yahoo Japan bought them. If you
want more information about practical sites (at least to some extent), see
the many articles that discuss current popular I-mode sites. These articles
always contain some of these sites.

Jeffrey L. Funk
Associate Professor
Kobe University
Graduate School of Business
2-1 Rokkodai, Nada, Kobe 657 Japan
telephone and fax: 81-78-803-6913
home phone: 81-798-74-2440
e-mail: funk@rose.rokkodai.kobe-u.ac.jp
mobile phone: 090-4906-3113

This could be when people stiff trying to say 'I am going to do some
usefull-services that save lives' will go to 'I will kill myself'. Has
anyone found any statistics of 'serious use' of mobile
internet-applications ( except email ) or has it been fun and
leisuretime applications, that have been the most used all around the
world?

-huima

-- Type: application/ms-tnef