(keitai-l) Re: Mobile System GameBoy

From: Renfield Kuroda <Renfield.Kuroda_at_msdw.com>
Date: 11/01/00
<gratuitous plug>
I think you missed one, the world's first global institutional financial
wireless portal:
http://www.msdw.co.jp/pc/press/n000925.html

If anyone cares, I will briefly present an overview of this site at the Mobile
Commerce and Wireless Internet Conference Nov 13-15 at the Westin in Ebisu.
</gratuitous plug>

r e n

jeffrey funk wrote:

> applications for I-mode. Here is a table (from a report that I report) that
> summarizes I-mode based Intranets currently under development by firms. Most
> of this information is from articles in the nikkei shinbun, nikkei
> communications, and a few interviews. the used car application is probably
> better defined as a B2B web.
>
> Table 11. Example of Mobile Intranets Currently Under Development
> Industry        Application
> In-Home Medical Care    Creating reports
> Construction    Work Scheduling
> Universities    Bulletin Boards for Students
> Beer Distribution       Inventory Management
> Package Delivery Services       Fleet Management
> Freight Transportation  Fleet Management
> Vending Machines        Inventory Management
> Used Cars       Car Auctions
>
> There are also many contents that are practically oriented albeit their
> traffic is low. For example, PIM's site provides personal information
> management and apparently is successful as Yahoo Japan bought them. If you
> want more information about practical sites (at least to some extent), see
> the many articles that discuss current popular I-mode sites. These articles
> always contain some of these sites.
>
> Jeffrey L. Funk
> Associate Professor
> Kobe University
> Graduate School of Business
> 2-1 Rokkodai, Nada, Kobe 657 Japan
> telephone and fax: 81-78-803-6913
> home phone: 81-798-74-2440
> e-mail: funk@rose.rokkodai.kobe-u.ac.jp
> mobile phone: 090-4906-3113
>
> This could be when people stiff trying to say 'I am going to do some
> usefull-services that save lives' will go to 'I will kill myself'. Has
> anyone found any statistics of 'serious use' of mobile
> internet-applications ( except email ) or has it been fun and
> leisuretime applications, that have been the most used all around the
> world?
>
> -huima

> -- Binary/unsupported file stripped by Listar --
> -- Type: application/ms-tnef

ascii: r e n f i e l d
octal: \162 \145 \156 \146 \151 \145 \154 \144
hex: \x72 \x65 \x6e \x66 \x69 \x65 \x6c  \x64
morgan stanley dean witter japan
e-business technologies | engineering and strategy

-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature
-- File: smime.p7s
-- Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature