(keitai-l) Questions about iMode functions in Japan (Cartoons, Games, Push)

From: Tal Herman <TALH_at_BUG-LIFE.com>
Date: 11/08/00
 I wonder about two popular uses of iMode service in Japan.
 1) Users download and view a daily cartoon.
 2) Users can play games

 Due to the known limitations of the wireless devices I wonder about the
following issues (which I will be happy to learn more from any of you):

 Cartoons:
a) What is the actual size (in KB) of such a cartoon ? How long is such a
cartoon (in seconds) ?
b) Is this cartoon kept in the telephones memory (the memory should be to
small for that) ?
c) What kind of graphic images does the cartoon contain (isn't the
technology currently limited to animated GIF) ?
d) Is the wireless transfer rate sufficient for displaying cartoons ?

Games:
 a) Do the games download to the wireless device (I think this is beyond
current technical capabilities) ?
 b) Are the games played "online" (i.e. transferring data over the wireless
net) ?

 And last question (for now):
 Does iMode implement any method of PUSH technology ?

 I would be more than happy to learn more about any of these issues
 Thanks.

                    \```/
                    (o o)
Tal Herman