(keitai-l) 502it bug?

From: Nick May <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 11/15/00
The 502it phone seems to have problems with .htaccess style security
checks in some circumstances. Specifically, if the url is to an image
directly, with no html around the image (i.e. /xxx.gif) the phone will
demand the password and userid be re-entered. This is all with a .htaccess
at the webserver root level protecting the whole domain.... (I have not
tried it with the image wrapped in html yet.)

I am assuming this behaviour is a bug - I might be wrong. Has anyone else
noticed this behaviour with this or any other phone (my P501 is fine) and
is it to RFC?

Thanks- Nick

/   May Ltd.     nick@kyushu.com
/   Mitsui Yakuin Heights Suite 903, 2-11-33 Yakuin, Chuo-ku, Fukuoka
/   Japan 810-0022   Tel/Fax   81 (92) 735 7933    090 8835 5602