(keitai-l) Re: More location based services/docomo boxes

From: Nick May <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 11/17/00
keitai-l@appelsiini.net writes:
>I see blaming Americans is a strong force of habit.
> I assume you meant
>Russians in the message below...
>
>Eric Hildum

This is not really relevant to this list so please send any response to me
directly

I am trying to remember the story. I think it relates to the very, very
early days of the Chechnya situation - possibly to one of the gangster
warlords who had done  a bit of kidnapping. It was definitely done with
US/UK help. You are right though that the missile was not American - I
think the US and the UK provided the tech support to home in on the phone.
Again, that sounds a bit fishy itself - but there was definitely some
US/UK involvement. I shall dig up the details.

Nick