(keitai-l) Re: popular i-mode sites subsidized by advertisin g..

From: Rosalie Nelson <RVN_at_ovum.com>
Date: 11/21/00
Hi all

I'd like to find out a great deal more about iMode's advertising model - for
example, how the sales of advertising inventory are being handled, the
pricing models, and the predominant advertising types which feature on
official and unofficial iMode sites. Is any incentive (such as a coupon, or
discounted tariff) included? Any help would be much appreciated!

Here in Europe, fears over user backlash, lack of standards and accepted ad
formats, and issues of data privacy are inhibiting commercial rollout of
wireless advertising. While there have been a number of trials, these are
primarily to validate a company's business case.

Many thanks

Rosalie Nelson
Topic Director
Digital Media