(keitai-l) Re: Strategis numbers...

From: Gustaf Rosell <gustaf_at_xpedio.com>
Date: 11/29/00
At 16:59 2000-11-29 +0900, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>The item below is taken from a press release by Strategis Group, 22 November:
>
>http://www.strategisgroup.com/press/pubs/att.html
>
><begin quote>Just how successful has NTT been?  I-mode is largest wireless
>Internet service in world, with almost 12 million subscribers today, and
>charting growth rates of 4% per week, or 10% per month.  This is
>phenomenal when compared to growth on Japan$B!G(Bs second generation (2G)
>networks, which is about 1% per month.  NTT has about 70% of the Japanese
>wireless Internet market, while the total user base in Japan
>(approximately 20 million wireless Internet users) represents 40% of the
>world total.,<end quote>
>
>Questions:
>1. Can anyone tell me how Japan's 20 million-odd wireless Internet
>constitute only 40% of the world total (where are the other 30 million)?

Beats me. I know of one person in Düsseldorf who actualy uses WAP, so
that's one. And there are some X00 000 combined in different networks in
the US (AT&T pocketnet, Omnisky, Blackberry, Palm VII, Ricochet) and some
30 000 WAP on CDPD users in Mexico. But that's about it.

/g

http://xped.io | gustaf_at_xpedio.com | t +46 8 674 50 47 | m +46 70 916 4747