(keitai-l) Re(2): 2 tech questions

From: Nick May <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 12/09/00
rolf@pizzicato.com writes:
>if you know the IPs of the docomo gateways, you could simply check for
>those.
>you probably can configure this at the apache level.
>you'll have to keep an eye on DoCoMo's gateways as they expand.
>unless you have advance warning from DoCoMo, you'll end up blocking
>legitimate
>users.

that is the key problem and what I want to avoid if possible

--snip--
>besides, it makes testing your site only possible thru an i-mode keitai,
>where you are being charged packet fees.
--snip--

I usually browser sniff to let only one type of keitai through (the test
browser), then put the appropriate header into my desktop browser prefs
(icab) so that it "looks like" that particular keitai model to the
gateway.  Very useful, icab, lets you into all kinds of places you are not
supposed to be.... Mac only though.

or tcpwrappers - would have the same effect as long as you knew the ip
range you were accessing from...

nick