(keitai-l) Re: Re(2): 2 tech questions and emulator

From: Nick May <nick_at_kyushu.com>
Date: 12/09/00
keitai-l@appelsiini.net writes:
>or tcpwrappers - would have the same effect as long as you knew the ip
>range you were accessing from...
>
>nick

It wouldn't of course. My mistake.  Have to be done in Apache.

Regarding an emulator, what exactly would it have to do? It would not be
hard to knock something up in php to accept input (or pull it off a
webpage) and simply rip out the docomo tags and replace them by graphic
equivs, then convert all H tags to a given H size, format to a 16 or
20char line length, etc etc. Not brilliant, but semi-functional.

Throw in a silly java applet to scroll text sideways, and that is covered
too...

Nothing hard there - just boring to code and it would still require you to
access a server of some description, or set up php/apache on your own box.
 So not a standalone solution either. I have not bothered to code one as I
have the phones themselves - in the absence of a fancy standalone
solution, would something like that be of any use to anyone?

Nick