(keitai-l) BT Cellnet trademarks i-mode

From: Mika Tuupola <tuupola_at_appelsiini.net>
Date: 12/16/00
http://www.silicon.com/public/door?REQUNIQ=976910640&6004REQEVENT=&REQINT1=41594&REQSTR1=newsnow

	This is related to the earlier trademark thread in the
	list. So how should I understand this. BT Cellnet noticed
	that i-mode is coming to europe and decided to fight ugly
	or is BT Cellnet somehow related to to NTT DoCoMo?

	If it is the first one I think it is disgustingly low
	way to fight back, but then again thats what the
	corporate world is.

	Also the claim by the "internet consultant living in
	frankfurt" sayin "I just wanted to launch my own mobile
	service called i-mode, I didn't know another mobile
	service with the same name existed" seems quite hilarious.

	Then again, I believe someone managed to trademark MP3
	in germany.

	Ok I confess this is the impression I got from reading the
	article. Does anyone in the list have more insights about
	the matter?

--
Mika Tuupola                      http://www.appelsiini.net/~tuupola/