(keitai-l) Re: BT Cellnet trademarks i-mode

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_anima.de>
Date: 12/17/00
>         Also the claim by the "internet consultant living in
>         frankfurt" sayin "I just wanted to launch my own mobile
>         service called i-mode, I didn't know another mobile
>         service with the same name existed" seems quite hilarious.

First you must know that germans are extremly 'jealous driven'. If you
have success with something, somebody hates you. This is 'normal'
(=sick) german behaviour.

(A simple example is that somebody I once kicked from one of
my mailing lists registered the domain 'Nooper.de' in germany...)

So this 'Internet Consultant' registered I-Mode for making money,
that's for sure. If he is really so clueless not to know about I-Mode,
than he is a very bad 'Internet Consultant' and one of the reasons
why so much german companys fail.

The german domain Imode.de is already taken by a business suit
manufacturer (german 'mode' = fashion) and the domain I-mode.de
by one of the usual domain grabbers named 'E-markets' which has
no public available information but a lot of popular domains.

Second is that Japan's I-Mode service never was promoted as I-Mode
over the Internet, it's only a brand of the company DoCoMo.

See also: http://www.i-mode.co.jp/ and http://www.imode.co.jp/

If you think about this, it makes totally sense...you buy a
I-Mode phone and there is no need to go to an I-Mode Internet
URL if you have everything IN YOUR PHONE. Everybody in Japan
knows that you use a service of NTT DoCoMo by using or buying
an I-Mode phone, compareable to buying a Walkman made by Sony.

But too bad for DoCoMo that the german domain docomo.de is
taken by another webhosting company dubbed 'Netbeat'.

So there will be much more fights and confusion in the future...

Juergen -- Nooper.com