(keitai-l) Re: ericsson's i-mode

From: Mika Tuupola <tuupola_at_appelsiini.net>
Date: 12/19/00
On Mon, 18 Dec 2000, Renfield Kuroda wrote:

> Just got one...if anyone on this list is from ericsson, brace
> yourself:
> Wow this phone sucks.

	Now since it has been proven both Nokia and Ericsson i-mode
	handsets suck, or atleast theyre worse than their Japanese
	counterparts. A question comes to my mind. If NTT DoCoMo is
	bringing i-mode to Europe and US can i-mode be popular
	without great Japanese made handsets with 256 color screens.

	So what are the possibilities? Will Japanese handset makers
	do converted versions of i-mode handsets for European market?
	Can they supply the new demand? Will the big players like
	Nokia or Ericsson suddenly manage to do high quality handsets?
	Will they even want to since they have invested so much in WAP?

	Here could be a possibility to smaller companies like Benefon.
	I believe they can move much faster than the handset giants.

--
Mika Tuupola                      http://www.appelsiini.net/~tuupola/