(keitai-l) Re: ericsson's i-mode

From: Renfield Kuroda <Renfield.Kuroda_at_msdw.com>
Date: 12/19/00
Mika Tuupola wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Dec 2000, Renfield Kuroda wrote:
>
> > Just got one...if anyone on this list is from ericsson, brace
> > yourself:
> > Wow this phone sucks.
>
>         Now since it has been proven both Nokia and Ericsson i-mode
>         handsets suck, or atleast theyre worse than their Japanese
>         counterparts. A question comes to my mind. If NTT DoCoMo is
>         bringing i-mode to Europe and US can i-mode be popular
>         without great Japanese made handsets with 256 color screens.

Well, no matter how badly Ericsson's and Nokia's i-mode handsets compare to
Japanese i-mode handsets, they still blow away any WAP handsets in Europe.
So, even if Ericsson and Nokia took their i-mode handsets as is and sold
them in Europe with WAP browsers, they'd crush the competition -- 6 lines
of text is alot more than 4, much better resolution than any WAP phone,
small form factor and good battery life, harmonic ringtones in Ericsson's
case, etc...

So it's all relative.

r e n

--
ascii: r e n f i e l d
octal: \162 \145 \156 \146 \151 \145 \154 \144

-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature
-- File: smime.p7s
-- Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature