(keitai-l) Re: ericsson's i-mode

From: Juergen Specht <js_at_anima.de>
Date: 12/19/00
> someone in the industry in japan once told me that japanese handset
> makers don't have to worry about selling their phones because whatever
> quantity they make and at whatever price, DoCoMo buys them all.

Sorry, but this statement is basically wrong, it's the users who buy
them all, so that DoCoMo has to buy them first to deliver the requests.

(Don't think that DoCoMo is the welfare for Handset makers, we talk
business here!)

Japanese product cycles are not comparable to the rest of the world and
I have a good example sitting around 4 meters from me...this specific
person changes her phones at least every 2 months.

Juergen