(keitai-l) Ten most successful content providers?

From: Erik Marnung - Tokyo <erik.marnung_at_to.swetech.org>
Date: 12/20/00
Does anyone have an idea about which the ten most "successful" content
providers (mobile) in Japan are?

Successful is an odd word to use, but I think that ranking content providers
after the number of subscribers is a good way. Revenue figures tend to
include "unwanted elements" (hand set, distribution, consulting) that is a
bit missleading, in this case.

Cybird, Bandai, Index, MTI and Giga; are names that seem to fit into the
list. But who are the rest? ("... and where do they hide?")

Best regards,
Erik Marnung

"I am a student how writes a master thesis about the industrial dynamics
within the mobile content industry in Tokyo. My office is since september
the Swedish Embassy in Tokyo. I have until now done 30 interviews with
different companies within the industry, but none has (could?) answered this
question."