(keitai-l) Re: How is it to see it the very first time?

From: Renfield Kuroda <Renfield.Kuroda_at_msdw.com>
Date: 01/16/01
That's the point: I-mode is so good BECAUSE of the superb customer focus. Tsutaya and
other content providers really thought about what would be useful and interesting for
customers and built their services for that purpose. Also, because of the better
technical capabilities of i-mode (always on packet connectivity, email to the handset,
color graphics and sound) contents providers can provide much more compelling contents
via push and pull services.

r e n

Jöran Roslund (EMW) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The advantages of i-mode you mention in these examples, aren't they merely an
> expression for the superb customer focus in Japan, rather than an inherent strength
> of i-mode?
>
> > > I think Tsutaya's site is incredible. It's got the latest
> > info on top music and
> > > rental videos/dvds, including the ability to sample top
> > songs, save as
> > > ringtones, get e-coupons for rentals, check official tour
> > info...a very
> > > comprehensive video/music entertainment site.
> > >
> > > r e n
> >
> > Definitely agree with Ren. Another example is the weather
> > site: you can pin-point
> > weather at precise location, check out the ski resort
> > conditions (which worked
> > great last Sunday when we went to Yuzawa), you can look at
> > the satellite
> > weather picture, get a week's forecast, get typhoon maps and
> > projections,
> > find out what the weather in Stockholm and New York is, see
> > where to surf,
> > check how much the ski pass costs and when the ski lifts open
> > and close,
> > etc etc
> >
> > Here is a question to those Europeans who find imode similar to what's
> > on offer
> > on WAP in Europe: please let me know which WAP service on a european
> > cell phone
> > shows me the up-to-date satelite weather image in color and
> > pretty nice resolution
> > AND tells me all the details of snow conditions in all the
> > ski resorts etc...
> >
> > By the way, in a recent conference which REN also attended,
> > one of the European
> > participants mentioned weather services as one of those
> > boring things nobody
> > wants... oh-boy what does he/she know...
> >

> He's right. In Gothenburg where I live it always rains, so there's no
> need to check the forecast. :-)
>
> Joran

ascii: r e n f i e l d
octal: \162 \145 \156 \146 \151 \145 \154 \144
hex: \x72 \x65 \x6e \x66 \x69 \x65 \x6c  \x64
morgan stanley dean witter japan
e-business technologies | engineering and strategy

-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature
-- File: smime.p7s
-- Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature