(keitai-l) Input on 10-key (was Re: keitai-l Digest V2 #15)

From: Stephen Carter <carter_at_sncarter.com>
Date: 01/23/01
It's going to be very interesting to see just how efficient the 10-key
numerical pad can be made to do text entry in different languages, and how
it may actually change the language--and as well what sort of input
device/method will come to dominate in the next few years.

For now we're going to see a lot of experimentation, and I'm going to hope
for something better than the 10-key to evolve. In the meantime, it should
keep all our brains active constantly retraining to take advantage of the
latest improvements. I like that toggle--the sort of thing we've been doing
for years with the Fn key on pc keyboards.

Steve Carter