(keitai-l) Re: Mobile Phones Must Die?

From: Renfield Kuroda <Renfield.Kuroda_at_msdw.com>
Date: 01/23/01
Several popular i-mode/mobile magazines have done (arguable
non-rigorous) studies/conests, asking various people to input a give
message and timing them. Often the winner came in at 80 words per
minute. And of course slang, abbreviations, and emoji help shorten
messages, and as has been mentioned Japanese is very good at
communicating alot of information in short sentences  because of the use
of kanji.

My point is, the very Western attitude that QWERTY keyboards are somehow
inherently better for someone who's never used any input device is
silly. And the fact that there are an overwhelmingly larger number of
10keys in use in the world versus QWERTY keyboards means that
established Western market leaders need to wake up and accept the fact
that, in a couple of short years, the predominant Internet device will
NOT be a PC with QWERTY keyboard, but a cellphone with a 10key, and the
businesses that are not prepared to accept this reality and tailor
hardware and services to their potential customers will lose.

r e n

--
ascii: r e n f i e l d
octal: \162 \145 \156 \146 \151 \145 \154 \144